December 31, 2009

Alphabet Game

Ever played this alphabet game? "I'm going on a trip, and I'm taking..." The first person says an A-word; the next person repeats the A-word and adds a B-word, and so on...

Well, it just so happens that in one week, I will be taking a trip, and I have a lot of things to take with me! Here's the A to Z of it all:
  • Apprehension: Considering where I'm going, I think this is an understatement.
  • Babytop: A mini laptop to stay connected.
  • Curiosity: It may have killed the cat, but I think it has better things in store for me.
  • Dictionary: for all the words I still don't know (or can't spell...).
  • English: Kind of the main idea of this trip.
  • Flip-flops: No more snow boots!
  • Glasses: After a major ordeal, I have two shiny new pairs--all the better to see you with, my dear!
  • Humor: My most valuable possession.
  • Inoculations: Here's to hoping I avoid major illness.
  • Journals: Duh.
  • Kitty Stickers: A kitty sticker makes anything better.
  • Luxury: From the lap of it, to a lack of it.
  • Magic: Sometimes things just work.
  • Naivety: It's naive to think I'm not bringing a lot of this.
  • Optimism: If I couldn't bring this, I wouldn't go.
  • Plantar Facetious: I just can't outrun this one.
  • Questions: Since I know almost nothing...
  • Resume: A paying gig is the goal.
  • Sunscreen: The equator nears...fair skin beware!
  • Tattoo: One accessory you can't take off.
  • Underwear: More pairs=less laundry
  • Voice: Corny Women's Studies moment.
  • Wanderlust: My favorite German/English word.
  • Xenophobia: Just kidding!
  • Yoga: Perfect mind/body exercise in any country.
  • Zest: Not the soap, but the feeling.
I love this game--The best part is that most of these things don't take up any room in my suitcase!

1 comment:

  1. This made me want to cry over your leaving and cleverness. I'll never forget all of us really playing this game! You are a fortunate not unfortunate woman...safe travels!

    ReplyDelete