October 29, 2014

Cappadocia with friends

There's nothing that a night out with friends, some fresh air, and a hotel room carved out of a cave can't fix.

And my, between work and culture shock, have I needed some fixing lately!

With our day and a half off of work (Turkish Republic Day), Alan, me, and three other couples went to Cappadocia for a little getaway. It was exactly what I needed, and I think exactly what we all needed.

We drank tea and wine, ate a nice meal, tried Rakı (Anise flavored Turkish liquor) and laughed until we cried.

We drove cars through the back roads of Cappadocia, climbed around fascinating ruins, took photos, and became suuuuper hungry. We found food.

We enjoyed being in Turkey. We forgot many of our worries, and laughed about the ones we couldn't forget.

I'll go back to work tomorrow a little bit tired from the trip, but I will mentally refreshed from our mid-week holiday.
View from Cave Hotel Room

Beautiful carpet market

These aren't just any caves. This was part of the cathedral.

Some of the fairy chimneys

I love the landscape out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment