September 3, 2010

Intuition vs. Lil Red

I just clicked submit on my first graduate school application.

No one is as shocked as I am that this application is to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I think I would have been less shocked to find myself in the middle of Tajikistan--or at least Salt Lake City. And few would have guessed that I, Jena who once poo-pooed all things business, applied to a program including "Marketing" in the title.

I applied to the UNL Communication Studies department for a MA specializing in Marketing, Communication Studies and Advertising.

A sudden change of heart? Yes. But what happened to Sociology or Linguistics? I just couldn't commit. With Communication Studies, it's been a whirlwind romance, and I am excited to see where it goes.

I think I'll have a toast to celebrate. Well, I'm not supposed to have any alcohol this week. I can't even have real toast...

I guess I'll make do with sugar-free Jell-o and congratulate myself.

1 comment: