May 21, 2011

Last Chance

The words "mosquito net" almost broke me today. A customer wanted to hang some around her hot tub, but I wasn't listening. I was flashing back to--where else--Cambodia. Land of eternal wonderment, occasional suffering, and constant muse of my blog.

And if that "Biblical scholar's" predictions (an event I'd dubbed Rapture-mania 2011) are correct, tonight my be my last chance to blog about dear Cambodia.

Rapture-mania 2011 brings up an interesting point. If you knew that you only had one day left, what would you do? Some of my coworkers suggested various felony misdemeanors and other idiotic displays of testosterone. For me, though, taking my brother to order the largest available cookie dough Blizzard from Dairy Queen would satisfy my need for otherwise regretful activity.

What a shame it would be if it all ended tomorrow. All my plans for grad school, and all the hours working at Home Depot, just wasted in a flash of world-ending might.

Here's to surviving Rapture-mania 2011, and living to see the end of the world in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment